My books and essays have been written for someone like me—curious minds who have explored the periphery of the subconscious through the past discoveries and present hypotheses of brain-research scientists, neurologists, philosophers, and neuro-psychologists. My writing contains few, if any, original ideas and I owe the depth of my thoughts and words to these authors. This page is a comprehensive bibliography of the books that have aided my research and have been the wellspring of my creative ideas over the years. I expect many of you will have read some, if not most, of them already.
Barfield, Owen. History in English Words. London: Faber & Faber, 1969.
- Churchland, Patricia Smith. Neurophilosophy: toward a Unified Science of the Mind-Brain. Cambridge (Mass.): The MIT Press, 2015.
- Cairns-Smith, A. G. Seven Clues to the Origin of Life: a Scientific Detective Story. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006.
- Dennett, Daniel Clement, and Paul Weiner. Consciousness Explained. New York: Little, Brown and Company, 2007.
- Fowles, John. The Aristos: the Personal Philosophy. London: Pan Books, 1971.
- Ghose, Aurobindo. Heraclitus. Pondicherry: Sri Aurobindo Ashram, 1989.
- Hillman, James. Insearch: Psychology and Religion. Woodstock, CT: Spring Publications, 1994.
- Holton, Gerald James. Thematic Origins of Scientific Thought: Kepler to Einstein. Cambridge (Massachusetts): Harvard University Press, 1995.
- Sapir, Edward. Language: an Introduction to the Study of Speech. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2014.
- Sherrington, Charles. Man on His Nature. New York: Doubleday, 1953.
- Jaynes, Julian. The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 2003.
- Keen, Sam. Fire in the Belly: on Being a Man. London: Piatkus, 1996.
- Langer, Susanne K. Philosophy in a New Key, 1957.
- Newberg, Andrew B., and Mark Robert. Waldman. How God Changes Your Brain: Breakthrough Findings from a Leading Neuroscientist. New York: Ballantine Books Trade Paperbacks, 2010.
- Popper, Karl R. The Open Society and Its Enemies. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1971.
- Trungpa Chögyam, John Baker, and Marvin Casper. Cutting through Spiritual Materialism. Boston: Shambhala, 2008.
- Welwood, John. Awakening the Heart: East/West Approaches to Psychotherapy and the Healing Relationship. Boston, MA: Shambhala, 1985.
- Whyte, Lancelot Law. The Unconscious before Freud. Garden City: Doubleday, 1960.